Asynchronous Open Enrollment Experience for Remote Employees
Back in March 2020, in the early days of the pandemic, the Lumity team began planning to deliver a 100% virtual open enrollment to our clients with remote employees in mind.
Employers expressed a need for more flexibility around work schedules, so we took an asynchronous mindset to our product and service development.
Tech + Service
We took a two-pronged approach to pair technology with white-glove service. For the 2021 enrollment season, we delivered the following new features in each client’s branded, digital benefits guide:
- On-Demand Open Enrollment Meeting: in addition to hosting a live meeting and Q&A, a recording of the OE meeting posts on the homepage of the client's digital benefits guide—on the same day.
- Medical Plan Recommender: suggests a plan based on 1) health care needs, and 2) cost to the employee.
- Benefits Consultation: ability to schedule a 1:1 video session with a licensed benefits expert at a convenient time for the employee and/or dependents.
The ability to schedule a benefits consultation is provided as part of our standard service. And it complements our year-round email and phone support (available Monday - Friday, 6a - 5p PT / 9a - 8p ET).
Each member of our support team is a licensed benefits professional. This means your people will always talk with an expert to address benefits questions, any claims/billing issues, and qualifying life events throughout the year.
At the close of the 2021 open enrollment season, here’s the feedback we received from employees.
Open Enrollment Meeting:
- 9.1/10 satisfaction
- “Very informative and easy to understand”
- “Normally these things are confusing, I left the meeting well informed”
- “It was very thorough and really helped me understand the different plans and how to think about picking the right one” “
- Very informative, quick responses to questions in chat”
1:1 Benefits Consultations:
- 9.9/10 satisfaction
- “Super knowledgeable and informative; very impressed with the overall level of service”
- “This was by far one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had”
- “The Lumity team was caring and honest...just wanted to make an informed decision as a first-timer choosing a medical plan!”
- “Rep was really knowledgeable, shared links, confirmed calculations, raised aspects of each plan that we had not thought about”
A Better Benefits Experience—Without Disrupting Your HR Tech Stack
Lumity remains committed to building the tools and delivering support that empowers employees to make informed benefits decisions. And, we achieve it without disrupting your HR tech stack. Keep your existing HRIS, BenAdmin, payroll systems, while up-leveling your experience and reducing costs (for you—and your people).
Here's to a great 2022 open enrollment season! We invite you to reach out for a demonstration of how tech + support pair to deliver a better employee, new hire, and candidate experience.