- COVID-19 Updates
- How We Work
Renewal StrategyLeverage a data-driven, carrier-agnostic approach.
Online Benefits PortalA seamless digital benefits experience – ideal for modern distributed workforces.
Year-Round SupportWe partner with your People Team and integrate with your workflows.
PEO MigrationApproaching 100 employees? moving can mean 15-20% savings and better coverage.
- About Us
- Request a Demo
- Log In
Thrive Market + Lumity: A Multi-Year Benefits Strategy
Thrive Market, a 600-person company with multiple locations and fulfillment centers, was planning their next phase of growth. They needed a benefits program that was designed to scale, and a partner who could help them upgrade their benefits and deliver a better benefits experience for their people.
Working closely with Thrive Market, Lumity’s benefits experts:
- Analyzed plan designs and employer contributions to identify areas of improvement,
- Benchmarked benefits against companies like them (size, geo, industry, employee groups),
- Identified potential cost savings,
- Accessed their HR tech stack and workflows, and
- Introduced the employee benefits support they could expect as part of Lumity’s standard service
Year after year, Lumity partners with Thrive Market’s People Team so their benefits strategy remains in lockstep with their key business initiatives.
YEAR 1 - Better Benefits, Lower Costs, Designed to Scale
- $695,000 in savings (-17.5% renewal)
- Normalized contributions for medical, dental, and vision
- Added an employer-sponsored Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Added a second dental plan (providing employees with a high/low choice) with a 2-year rate guarantee
- Increased vision subsidy
- Upgraded Basic Life/AD&D, updated life and disability benefits for consistency across all employees
- Developed an Open Enrollment Communication Strategy (email, countdown posters, on-site OE meetings)
- Lower health insurance costs—and better benefits
- Lumity Employee Support (benefits experts available year-round to address all benefits questions and any claims issues)
- Mobile app (ID cards, plan details, and easy access to support)
YEAR 2 - Administrative Ease, Benefits Sustainability
- NEW! Lumity Employer Portal (one spot for all benefits information including issue tracking, claims reporting, consolidated billing, and compliance/renewal calendars with continuous feature enhancements)
- Added infertility benefits
- 3.64% renewal plus a $25,000 technology credit
- NEW! Digital Benefits Guide with Thrive Market branding (California and out-of-state)
- 100% paperless benefits enrollment for warehouse employees!
YEAR 3 - A Partnership Approach
As the COVID-19 pandemic was just hitting international headlines, Lumity’s initial COVID-19 client alert went out on February 28, 2020. Daily bulletins went out during the fast and furious flurry of legislative updates up until June 11th (now weekly).
Lumity added a COVID-19 alert to Thrive Market’s Digital Benefits Guide, so employees would know:
- The medical carrier’s cost-sharing on stance on COVID-19 testing and treatment
- How to access telehealth
- How to mail-order prescriptions
- What additional support was available to them
Lumity also saw to it that Thrive Market will receive its Dental Premium Rebate since access to preventive dental care was unavailable early on.
With Thrive Market’s continued focus on improving the employee experience, they made the decision to transition into a single, all-in-one HCM platform so all company information would reside in one place. Lumity facilitated a seamless migration from their existing BenAdmin into their new platform.
At Thrive Market, we’re laser-focused on providing a standout employee experience. So Lumity had a high mark to hit with us. And, year-after-year, they’ve delivered. Lumity provides us with visibility and control over our annual plan renewal process, and they serve as an extension of our team throughout the year. Their end-to-end solution, services, and employee advocacy lighten the day-to-day administrative load on our internal team—so we can focus on strategic initiatives for our people.
Sep 08, 2020|